|Title:||Banquet Coordinator, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||February 18, 2020|
|Salary:||$15.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
Under the oversight if the Food and Beverage Manager, must practice independent work habits and work with a wide variety of the Black Bear Casino Resort Teams to accomplish shared objectives. Banquet Coordinators support the catering, convention services and banquet departments with day to day administrative responsibilities, as well as acting as a liaison between the client and all operating departments to ensure a high standard of organization, execution and guest service throughout all convention, catering and banquet events/functions.
- Receives information and schedules banquets, parties, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating, advising, and making recommendations for a banquet/event based on client request.
- Inspects and approves the set up of function rooms and ensures proper décor and service.
- Receives banquet/meeting requests from clients and properly logs each function into the event calendar.
- Prepares necessary banquet event order (BEO) and distributes to all applicable departments in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to develop a required check list for the coordinator and client meeting when preparing the event agenda.
- Meets with function group leaders to determine last minute changes, and ti discuss various set up arrangements.
- Attend regular meetings with the Black Bear Casino Resort staff to discuss BEOs, service guidelines and execution standards.
- Work closely with clients prior, during and after events.
- Must maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of menu pricing, room pricing, AV capacities, room set up plans and pricing, availability and any other information relevant to the successful completion of banquet dales and execution.
- Maintain accurate and detailed communication between the coordinator, internal/external partners, and clients.
- Deliver accurate and detailed invoices to the client, and all appropriate internal departments, according to policy.
- Ability to put into practice a positive relationship with team members and the management team of Black Bear Casino Resort.
- Delivers and pickups additional items to fulfill banquet event orders as directed.
- Follows proper cash handling procedures and internal control procedures.
- Responsible for proper collection of all sales in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking with some sitting is required.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including working in adverse weather conditions and working in a smoking environment.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Three to five years of experience in the Food and Beverage field and at least one year experience in catering sales, convention services or administrative experience is required.
- Food handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire; employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Strong organizational abilities and communication skills is required.
- Ability to manage multiple demands with great ability to improvise and prioritize is required.
- Experience in operating a cash register and making credit and cash transactions is required.
- Knowledge of applicable safety rules, sanitation standards, and health code regulations is required.
- Knowledge of computer application to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Alcohol Awareness Training is required and will be provided.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently, establish work priorities with attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718