|Title:||Cook I, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||April 14, 2021|
|Salary:||$13.95 - $20.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
- Prepare, season and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts or other foodstuffs in the buffet, steakhouse, and for special events according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- As Cook I you will identify the educational and training needs of Cook II and Cook III to present to Chef for consideration.
- Undertake menu planning in consultation with the Chef.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus of the Black Bear Casino Resort.
- As Cook I you will act as Supervisor to the Cooks II and Cooks III on shift.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Reads menus to establish food requirements and ensures adequate food supplies are available. This is a production kitchen not an ala carte position; cooks are trained in all aspects of cooking, not just at one station.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sauces and casseroles.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piecing with a fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests.
- Monitors hot and cold food temperatures through the shift.
- Will be required to attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Display a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the washroom.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing is required. Bending and stooping is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Three years of cooking experience in a busy, high volume or fine dining restaurant; one year of employment as a Cook II with Black Bear Casino Resort; or a combination of employment and experience is required. (May need to demonstrate cooking abilities).
- Must have excellent knife skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Food handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire; employee must become certified within 3 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Knowledge of cleanliness and sanitation standards for food serving is required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718