|Title:||Engineering Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2019|
|Contact:||Susie Sayers, Phone: 218 878-2359|
- Responsible for the mechanical, electronic, steam, and physical systems required to operate the gaming facility, parking lots, grounds, and water/sewage plants.
- Responsible for supervisory of snow removal, grounds upkeep, surveillance of chemical systems, meter readings, and all other duties pertaining to engineering.
- As a manager, is responsible for providing work direction, training, performance evaluation, and the full range of supervisory duties (hiring, retention, scheduling, discipline, etc.) of engineering, groundskeeping, and water/sewage treatment crews.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and control of all vehicles and equipment pertaining to departmental use. Incumbent has access to all areas of the casino, grounds, and parking lots.
- Coordinates all activities with professional staff. Completes all necessary for engineering department. Keeps expenditures within budgetary limits.
- Participates in preparing annual operating and capital expenditure necessary paperwork. Submits all reports to casino and reservation management.
- Keeps and maintains all records, logs, and blueprints. Supervises and approves completion of all job orders. Recommends improvements. Supervises all new construction and additions regarding building and grounds.
- Provides effective leadership, training, and supervision of assigned personnel. Establishes weekly, monthly, and yearly goals.
- Coordinates and works closely with vendors, suppliers, and outside contractor. Makes fire and safety information available to casino employees. Establishes preventative maintenance program.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the casino. Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Must attend all mandatory departmental trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR Trainings.
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Ability to move, climb, and work in all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 30 feet is required.
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, lift, and/or carry supplies or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds (occasionally waist high) is required.
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, keeling, crawling, or standing is required.
- Ability to work in conditions which are hot, cold, noisy, and wet is required. Excellent finger dexterity is required.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate tools is required.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces and awkward positions is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience of at least three years that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform duties of the position is required.
- Three year experience as a HVAC mechanic in a complex facility is desired.
- Ability to obtain any required licenses is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use is required.
- Skills in usage of hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, and pressure washing equipment) is required.
- Ability to lead and supervise effectively is required.
- Through knowledge of ventilation systems, sound systems, security systems, and mechanical systems is required.
- Some travel is required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718