|Title:||Engineering Shift Supervisor, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||April 25, 2019|
|Contact:||Susie Sayers, Phone: 218 878-2359|
Maintains a clean, safe environment for our guests and team members.
- Responsible for the engineering staff in the absence of the Facility Operations Manager.
- As Facilities shift supervisor, is responsible for providing work direction and job training to the engineering employees as assigned.
- Assists facilities management in the performance evaluations of the engineering employees as assigned.
- Assist with keeping employee calendars updated.
- Submits detailed daily shift reports.
- Review reports from the engineering staff to ensure proper reporting, procedures, etc.
- Ensures that all reports relating to incidents are suitable for outside distribution.
- Responsible for delegation of job duties on assigned shift.
- Ensures that jobs are delegated and completed in a timely fashion and are of quality work.
- Responsible for quality control of job performance.
- Serves as a role model to the engineering employees, providing good work examples of quality work, job attendance, and proper work habits.
- Conducts monthly crew meetings.
- Solves problems and conflicts which occur during assigned shift which require intervention of the engineering staff.
- Replenishes supply inventory on an on-going basis.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to move, climb and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 30 feet is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise employees effectively is required.
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance or custodial is required.
- Certified Pool Operator certification is required; if not certified must become a Certified Pool Operator certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community are required.
- Ability to handle busy and stressful situations to include meeting deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718