|Title:||Engineering Shift Supervisor, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||February 18, 2020|
|Salary:||$12.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Susie Sayers, Phone: 218 878-2359|
Maintains a clean, safe environment for our guests and team members.
- Responsible for the engineering staff in the absence of the Facility Operations Manager.
- As Facilities shift supervisor, is responsible for providing work direction and job training to the engineering employees as assigned.
- Assists facilities management in the performance evaluations of the engineering employees as assigned.
- Assist with keeping employee calendars updated.
- Submits detailed daily shift reports.
- Review reports from the engineering staff to ensure proper reporting, procedures, etc.
- Ensures that all reports relating to incidents are suitable for outside distribution.
- Responsible for delegation of job duties on assigned shift.
- Ensures that jobs are delegated and completed in a timely fashion and are of quality work.
- Responsible for quality control of job performance.
- Serves as a role model to the engineering employees, providing good work examples of quality work, job attendance, and proper work habits.
- Conducts monthly crew meetings.
- Solves problems and conflicts which occur during assigned shift which require intervention of the engineering staff.
- Replenishes supply inventory on an on-going basis.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to move, climb and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 30 feet is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise employees effectively is required.
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance or custodial is required.
- Certified Pool Operator certification is required; if not certified must become a Certified Pool Operator certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community are required.
- Ability to handle busy and stressful situations to include meeting deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718