|Title:||Event Set-Up, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$12.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348|
Banquet Setup person must provide support to the Event Coordinator, Event Center Manager, and entire Event Center Team as directed by the supervisor. Must support and comply with all safety procedures that are enforced at the Otter Creek Convention Center. He/She must ensure that in the absence of the Supervisor the daily responsibilities continues as usual. As directed by the Supervisor, he/she must attend weekly meetings to keep on top of activities.
- Ensure that hotel break-out rooms are set according to checklist.
- Ensure that hotel break-out room setups are taken down and room is cleaned according to checklist.
- Ensure that the table and chair setups in the break-out rooms are in compliance to the client requests.
- Ensure that the Otter Creek rooms are setup according to checklist.
- Ensure that the Otter Creek rooms are broken down according to checklist.
- Ensure that the Otter Creek rooms are in compliance to the client requests.
- Ability to adjust to clients request and comply with any suggested changes.
- Immediately inform the Event Coordinator of changes made by client for billing charge adjustments.
- Must give proper notification to the Event Coordinator when the Setup person is absent or late.
- Is required to attend all Black Bear Casino Resort mandatory meetings.
- Is required to attend all of the Otter Creek employee meetings.
- Is required to attend all mandatory Black Bear Casino Resort classes provide by the Black Bear Casino Resort Training team.
- Title 31/SAR Training also required.
- Must attend the Back Safety class provided by the Black Bear Casino Resort Training team prior to starting the job.
- Present oneself in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Must be wearing the Otter Creek Banquet Setup Team uniform attire prior to starting work duties.
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to accept other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds or more.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, establish and maintain effective working relationship.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent understanding knowing that team work is an essential part of the position.
- Must pass a drug test and extensive background check to be considered for employment.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirement .
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718