|Title:||Golf Course Food & Beverage Lead, Full Time Seasonal|
|Closing Date:||April 15, 2021|
|Salary:||$10.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
The Food and Beverage Lead will ensure the Golf Course food venue(s) is/are operating in an efficient and effective manner. The Food and Beverage Lead trains, supervises and with the Golf Course Manager evaluates all concession and cart food and beverage service providers. The Food and Beverage Lead is expected to display courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with customers, visitors, and fellow employees. We expect outstanding customer service and friendliness; therefore, this is a top priority in all positions.
- Works with the Golf Course Manager to ensure all guests are provided only the finest, professional service, in a fast efficient manner.
- Supervise the food and beverage staff in the day to day operations. Supervision to include recommendations for the selection and retention of subordinates, recommendations for the approval or disapproval of leave requests, input to the evaluation of performance, identifying training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Operates the food and beverage venue in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Provides excellent service to all Black Bear Golf Course guests.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted in a cheerful, friendly fashion promptly upon arrival to the food and beverage service areas.
- Ensures that food is being provided and served in the designated timetable.
- Follows through with servers in steps of service consistency.
- Tracks, maintains, orders, and replenishes inventory.
- Supervises events and group outings, to include set and take down, related to the food and beverage area.
- Schedules employees.
- Ensures opening, closing, preparation and serving procedures are followed according to Golf Course Policies and Procedures.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and so-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary. .
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the wash room.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- High school diploma.
- Demonstrate experience in a food or restaurant operation or education above the high school level in the administration of a food or restaurant operation or closely related field is desired.
- Skills in developing directives, instructions, and procedures concerning the administration of food and beverage, or restaurant operations are desired.
- Knowledge of cast and funding control procedures and skill in the maintenance and control of expenditures to ensure limitations are observed is desired.
- Ability to manage and supervise effectively is required.
- Mathematical aptitude is required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Prior work with the public is desired.
- Previous experience in the food industry preferred.
- Knowledge of personal cleanliness standards and ability to conform to good hygienic practices.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is desired.
- Alcohol Awareness Training is required and will be provided.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s personnel policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718