|Title:||Golf Course Youth Pro Shop Sales Representative, Part Time Seasonal|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$10.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348|
The Youth Pro Shop Sales Representative will be trained to display courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with the customer, visitor and fellow employees. The Youth Pro Shop Sales Representative will be trained in the Pro Shop areas of customer service, sales, and inventory procedures.
- Participation in this program required youth not younger than 16 years of age and not over 18 years of age.
- If a youth turns 19 during the season he or she may finish the year. The following season he or she may then apply for a regular position if one is available.
- Each district of the Fond du Lac Reservation will be represented by one youth hire.
- Must be able to work between 15 and 25 hours per week.
- Display and promote merchandise sales.
- Receive and inventory new merchandise.
- Return damaged goods and track credits.
- Complete monthly inventory reports.
- Track daily sales for reordering.
- Prepare new merchandise for sale.
- Change displays and color combinations weekly.
- Gift wrapping and mailing of purchases.
- Assist customers who need advice for multiple sales.
- Learn opening and closing operations with the pro-shop staff.
- Learn proper procedures for taking telephone calls for tee time requests.
- Dust and clean pro-shop and merchandise display, water inside plants and flowers.
- Staff uniforms and name tags to be worn at all times and shoes must be polished.
- Will assist supervisors as necessary.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Golf Course.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with the Black Bear Casino, Hotel & Golf Course Absent/Late Policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Golf Course, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-employees).
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in the description at this time.
- The Sales Staff may be required to enter the Casino, which is a smoking environment.
- May be required to work outside in the elements and may be exposed to the weather, pollen, dust and insects.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Prior work with the public is required.
- Cashier experience is preferred.
- Desire to learn the pro-shop merchandise and sales department.
- Ability to generate sales through application of instructed retail sales approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718