|Title:||Groundskeeping Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||April 25, 2019|
|Contact:||Susie Sayers, Phone: 218 878-2359|
- Operates heavy machinery such as loaders, backhoes, snowplows, graders, etc.
- Maintains records system of department activities.
- Logs all necessary information and informs Casino Manager as necessary.
- Reviews groundskeeper reports to ensure proper reporting, procedures, etc.
- Ensures that reports pertaining to incidents are suitable for outside distribution.
- Responsible for scheduling and assuring completion of maintenance to all fleet vehicles (vans, trucks, plows, etc.).
- Obtains the driver license number from any employee who is operating any of the fleet vehicles.
- Submits the driver license number to the Reservation Business Committee representative for license check and inclusion of driver on insurance policies.
- Reviews driver license records annually to ensure license remains in effect.
- May spot check for license from employee.
- Visually inspects all fleet vehicles to ensure they are being operated correctly.
- Oversees who is signing in and out and maintains the logs.
- Schedules workloads and plans projects.
- Reads blueprints.
- Works with contractors and vendors.
- Uses power and hand tools in maintenance and repair operations.
- Trims trees, plants trees, landscapes, and keeps grounds in good physical condition using fertilizers, etc.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Good vision (with or without glasses) is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Any combination of education, work experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and record keeping is required.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise employees is required.
- Ability to obtain any required licenses is required.
- Ability to use power and hand tools effectively and safely is required.
- Ability to trim trees, cut lawns, landscape, snowplow, shovel walks, and otherwise keep grounds in good physical condition is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718