|Title:||Human Resources Assistant, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||February 24, 2021|
|Salary:||$14.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Antonio Flores, Phone: 218 878-2343|
- Provide front desk coverage as assigned to ensure telephone calls and walk-ins are greeted in cordial and professional manner, and given prompt assistance.
- Answer questions regarding employment opportunities Reservation-wide and explain application process.
- Ensure applications are completed fully and correctly.
- Log, file and acknowledge applications as established through departmental procedures.
- Respond to routine telephone and written inquiries regarding employment or human resources issues.
- Perform variety of data entry tasks.
- Respond to questions from employees and supervisors in timely manner within prescribed departmental protocol.
- Manage the job posting process by preparing and posting jobs both internally and externally as deemed necessary and monitoring quality and quantity of applicants within prescribed time frame.
- Assist hiring manager in the screening of applicants, working within the hiring guidelines established by the Reservation, especially as it relates to TERO.
- Arrange interviews, develop interview questions and participate in the overall selection process. Complete all necessary documentation required by departmental procedures and Reservation policies, including proposed hire letters.
- Timely notification to applicants chosen for hire, such as congratulatory letter, scheduling of pre-employment testing, references, and new employee orientation as well as notification to applicants no longer under consideration for a position.
- May assist with the new employee orientation process, including preparation of orientation packets and completion of all required new hire paperwork.
- Prepare paperwork, such as personnel action forms, as necessary for new hires, separations, salary changes, performance evaluations, etc.
- Create, process and maintain personnel file records as well as other manual and computerized filing systems.
- Assist supervisors in revising or creating job descriptions for review per departmental procedures.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR training.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all employees, applicants and records is respected at all times.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Additional education in the human resources field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of one year previous experience in a human resources department in a related position is required.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718