|Title:||Sage Deli Shift Lead, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||February 15, 2019|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
The Sage Deli Shift Leaders assist the Sage Deli Supervisor and/or the Buffet Manager concerning the daily management and customer care and service in the Sage Deli.
- Ensures all guests are provided only the finest professional service, in a fast efficient manner to allow quick turns of all tables through direct observation and supervision of all Sage Deli staff on shift.
- Assists in the supervision of the Sage Deli staff to include recommendations for the selection and retention of subordinates, input to the evaluation of performance, identifying training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Is the acting supervisor of the shift.
- Ensures that the Sage Deli employees are executing their respective duties timely and professionally, in accordance with Casino and Departmental policy and procedure.
- Assists in the training of new Sage Deli employees.
- Supervises all respective shift staff directly; includes respective duties and all side work is accomplished during each shift by all personnel.
- Assists in the supervision of the Sage Deli staff to ensure that the Sage Deli is properly maintained, well stocked, clean and fresh.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted cheerfully in a cheerful, friendly fashion promptly upon arrival to the Sage Deli.
- Performs voids and receipt cancellations when appropriate and necessary.
- Acts to ensure that proper cash handling techniques are being employed by all Sage Deli personnel, and that the staff are utilizing proper MICROS procedures and techniques.
- The opening Deli Shift Leader is responsible for the set up and preparation for the day; in particular the breakfast operations, and accounts for all Sage Deli personnel on shift, recording any absences and/or lates on the appropriate calendar, and call ins for additional help from off duty personnel when necessary.
- Each Deli Shift Leader is likewise responsible for the transition of duties and personnel for each shift and is also accountable for the respective duties required and assigned for each shift.
- Ensures that proper communication of duties, issues and information is transferred to the on-coming Shift Leader and or Sage Deli Supervisor.
- Works in cooperation with the Sage Deli Supervisor, Buffet Manager and/or F&B Manager to develop and maintain employment schedules for all Sage Deli staff.
- Details daily/shift operations to Sage Deli Supervisor in verbal and/or written form.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with Casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Casino Resort, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and co-workers)
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements with prolonged walking and standing required.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environmental.
- Demonstrated experience in a food or restaurant operation or education above the high school level in the administration of a food or restaurant operation or other closely related field is desired.
- Skills in the development of directives, instruction, and procedures concerning the administration of food or restaurant operations is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form is required.
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse staff effectively is desired.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- A working knowledge of food presentation and proven excellence in customer service is required.
- Safe Food Handling Training and Alcohol Awareness Training are required with a minimum annual certification requirement.
- Training and Certification opportunities will be provided.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718