|Title:||Table Games Dealer, Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Contact:||Black Bear Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
The Table Games Dealer is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of his/her table game at all times. Recognizing the complexity of Table Games operations the Table Games Dealer is empowered to make game decisions in a responsible and independent manner. The Dealer ensures the integrity of the game consistent with the Internal Controls.
- Deals Table Games to guests according to the rules of the game being played.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and accurate dealing at assigned table.
- Maintains a continuous inspection of cards, ensuring the security of assigned game at all times.
- Maintains an orderly table as well as an appropriate game speed in a courteous manner.
- Provides customers with assistance to ensure adherence to established rules, policies, and procedures.
- The dealer has signatory ability for fill or credit slips and table trays.
- The dealer has access to the Table Games department.
- The dealer is responsible for all chips and monies in assigned rack.
- Exchanges customer's currency for gaming chips and deposits currency in drop box.
- Determines winning and losing bets.
- Pays wining bets and collects losing bets accurately according to appropriate odds.
- All documentation must be consistently completed in a manner as addressed in the Table Games policies and procedures or directed by the Table Games Manager or his/her designee.
- Knows Players Club benefits, property amenities, events and marketing programs.
- Understands that when errors are made, the Dealer must inform their supervisor prior to taking any corrective actions.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged standing is required.
- Ability to repeatedly reach, stretch, grasp, twist, push and pull with your hands and arms is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Successful completion of Black Bear Table Games dealer school is required.
- Ability to successfully pass auditions for all table games offered at Black Bear along with a recommendation for hire from the Table Games Trainer/Schedule Coordinator.
- Gaming experience is desired.
- Ability to provide excellent Guest Service when making difficult game decisions.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718