|Title:||Table Games Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||July 25, 2019|
|Contact:||Mark Brende, Phone: 218-878-2343|
- Guest Service Expectations:
- Greets and treats customers with a sense of caring and individuality while effectively identifying their specific needs.
- Informing staff of customer needs which may require special accommodations.
- Showing special recognition of frequent customers.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment at all times.
- Consistently welcoming customers, thanking them for their patronage, seeking ways to make them comfortable and expressing your desire to have them return.
- Presenting a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Maintaining constant awareness of services, promotions, and events offered at the facility and informs guests.
- Greet customers and see that deserving players are properly hosted. Provides proper security and accountability of casino funds entrusted to the department.
- Recommends changes for personnel including hiring, promotion, demotion, and leave.
- Responsible for creating operation budget and forecast.
- Review adherence by Table Games personnel to casino policies, procedures, and standards for compliance to all applicable regulations.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures.
- Provide complimentary services to customers.
- Direct the activities of the table games employees.
- The Table Games Manager has signatory ability for requests for fill or credit, fill or credit slips, table inventory cards, and complimentary food and beverage. The Table Games Manager has access to the Table Games department and the unused playing card storage area.
- Teamwork Expectations:
- Cooperating and communicating with fellow team members in all departments and always striving for mutual respect and a feeling of camaraderie.
- Projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Accepting direction from supervisor and demonstrating ability to profit from constructive criticism.
- Contributing to the success of the organization by producing accomplishments rather than activities, completing your duties with enthusiasm and by helping fellow team members improve job skills and performance.
- Voluntarily assisting new team members to adjust to their work environment.
- Reporting for work on time and by showing flexibility to work overtime, and/or changing hours or days off.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Sedentary work with prolonged standing required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- AAS/AA Degree in Business or Management; 10 years in Table Games Management experience with 5 years supervisory experience; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to motivate staff through a teamwork approach.
- Proven leadership skills that include delegating as needed.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include Word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to supervise and manage employees effectively is required.
- Demonstrated ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately is required.
- Operations conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718