|Title:||Valet Parking Attendant, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||September 17, 2019|
|Contact:||Susie Sayers, Phone: 218 878-2359|
- Provide courteous valet service by responding promptly and efficiently in inquires requests and complaints.
- Knows pertinent information about the resort and its services and informs guests at every opportunity.
- Assist guests upon arrival and departure.
- Greets arriving customers.
- May on occasion assist a customer or a handicapped customer in entering or leaving their vehicle, assist with wheelchairs, etc.
- Parks customer's vehicle in designated parking areas and returns vehicle at customer's request in a safe and timely manner.
- Responds to general requests for casino information and directs customers to different areas of the casino.
- Monitors the general area and cleans and picks up as necessary to ensure the area is neat and orderly.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the casino.
- Maintains proper attendance with casino policy.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR trainings.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with casino policy.
- Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the casino, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Class D License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac Reservation’s insurance requirements.
- Must have a valid driver's license at all times.
- The incumbent must immediately report any changes in the status of their driver's license to the supervisor, the Human Resources office, and the Security Manager.
- Ability to relate well with the public and co-workers is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively is required.
- Ability to operate an automatic and manual transmission is required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, random drug testing, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- Incumbent is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of their uniforms, and to report to work in proper uniform at all times.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718