|Title:||Alcohol and Drug Counselor II, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services, Mpls|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Level- II (ADC-II) will provide direct outpatient drug and alcohol counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs under the supervision of an approved clinical supervisor. ADC-II and will assist the program supervisor with all aspects of program operations.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment.
- Provide treatment planning per Fond du Lac Ordinance and the 12 core functions of counseling.
- Provide screening chemical dependency.
- Perform one to one counseling, conduct education groups and provide group support for Program clients and their families.
- Provide follow-up services for individual clients transitioning into the Fond du Lac Human Services Outpatient Treatment Program.
- Develop and provide appropriate educational materials for staff and community.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Must have a two year degree from a program of human services, chemical health or related field from an accredited program and completed an 880 hour internship.
- State Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor-Temporary (ADC-T) or equivalent or eligible for Fond du Lac Reservation tribal licensure ADC-II.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC-II license within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Must document competence in screening for and working with clients with mental health problems, through education, training, and experience.
- One-year group and counseling experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720