|Title:||Accountant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||November 16, 2018|
Primary duties include financial statement preparation, account reconciliations and audit preparation. The position will be responsible for preparation for auditors/reviewers and for financial reports to management on a monthly basis. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with a variety of staff at varied levels in the organization.
- Responsible for timely preparation of monthly financial statements for specific companies as directed. This includes analysis of financial transactions and operating results. Also included is the preparation of journal entries for receivables and payables or others as needed. Monthly financial reports should be sent to management before the end of the following month.
- Responsible for preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations for the specific companies you are assigned on a monthly basis, or as often as needed.
- Assist Financial Division management with preparation for any/all audits and review by outside agencies and accounting firms.
- Meets with other Fond du Lac Directors and/or managers to review any financial matters.
- Assist with financial forecasts and budget preparation. Maintains budget(s) in the accounting system so they are accurately reflected on financial statements.
- Assists with drafting policies and procedures as they relate to financial matters.
- Attends training and conferences as applicable to the job.
- Attends department meetings and mandatory Fond du Lac staff meetings.
- Works with financial staff in other departments when necessary to resolve related party questions/issues. Monitors intercompany transactions to ensure related party receivables and payables are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Experience in the Accounting field is desired.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720