|Title:||Anishinaabemowin Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Cultural Center & Museum|
|Closing Date:||September 16, 2019|
The Coordinator will oversee efforts to revitalize Anishinaabemowin proficiency throughout Nagaajiwanaang. To move toward our vision the Coordinator will work with the Waakanawendangig Anishinaabemowin to establish a long term strategic plan.
- Develop a long term comprehensive plan that is level based for language acquisition.
- Establish and maintain a library of literature, electronic media, listing of websites, etc. of the Anishinaabemowin to serve as reference materials for use by various Anishinaabemowin groups.
- Assists various Anishinaabemowin groups in the establishment of curriculum, reference materials, etc. to ensure consistency in the learning experience of the Ojibwe Language.
- Develop a system of evaluation to measure community progress in comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing in Anishinaabemowin.
- Develop community programming.
- Conducts language surveys in the Fond du Lac Reservation Community, surrounding areas, etc., compiles data from various groups, Reservation Business Committee, other organizations and community members as requested.
- Works with the Planning Department to prepare and submit grants to various funding agencies.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree desired or eligible to apply for state eminence credentials; if applicant does not possess the state eminence credentials upon hire they must secure the state eminence credentials within 6 months of hire; employment is contingent upon receiving credentials.
- Proficiency in the areas of Anishinaabemowin and culture is required.
- Knowledge of language acquisition best practices.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720