|Title:||Behavioral Health Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||Human Services - As Designated|
|Supervisor:||Human Services Director|
|Closing Date:||August 26, 2019|
The Behavioral Health Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the day to day mental health services, staff and all department operations. The coordinator works collaboratively with the Reservation Business Committee, Human Services administration, community and department staff to deliver mental health services. The Coordinator is responsible for integration efforts in the Human Service Division and the integration with private, county, state and federal agencies related to mental health services for the Fond du Lac population. The responsibilities also include financial management for all funding available in the department and writing grant proposals as opportunities arise.
- Supervise all personnel in the Behavioral Health department including mental health counselors, ARMHS Workers, BWO technicians, case managers and support staff.
- Submit all grant proposals to appropriate funding sources on time.
- Submit all reports to various funding sources on a timely basis.
- Manage all budgets effectively so that services are maximized.
- Complete all monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Perform all other required coordinator responsibilities for the management of personnel and resources.
- Review the size and nature of caseloads with all direct service staff at least quarterly.
- Schedule consults with clinical supervisors.
- Provide and evaluate individual counseling, outreach, and education to clients in the service area as schedule allows.
- Have a presence in all locations where staff are located.
- Refer clients to other providers as appropriate.
- Assist clients with improving independent living skills through therapeutic support and referral to other providers.
- Consult with Clinical Director about medication management, diagnosis, clinical supervision and issues in therapeutic sessions.
- Assess community members to determine current needs.
- Conduct in-service training session for Human Services staff on topic related to service delivery.
- Keep accurate client charts and be aware of record keeping procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of in-house and area resources.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- • Normal physical requirements.
- Master’s degree in counseling with clinical experience is required.
- 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience working with the Indian community is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720