|Title:||Burial Recovery Supervisor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Burial Recovery Project Manager|
|Closing Date:||April 13, 2021|
|Salary:||$30.00 per hour|
Supervises Burial Recovery Crew Leads and Burial Recovery Technicians and assists with all aspects of burial recovery effort at Fond du Lac Historic Cemetery in the Fond du Lac neighborhood, Duluth, MN.
- Directs and coordinates the work of the Burial Recovery Crew Leads and Burial Recovery Technicians.
- Supervises the Burial Recovery Crew Leads and Burial Recovery Technicians to include approving and disapproving leave requests, completing time roll, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, discipline, etc.
- Takes direction from Minnesota Indian Affairs Council, Office of the State Archaeologist, and Burial Recovery Project Manager.
- Shovel, load, and move large amounts of soil.
- Load and push wheelbarrows.
- Load, lift, and shake rocking screens.
- Sort through sifted soil to visually identify human remains and non-natural materials.
- Work with team members to identify artifacts.
- Label bags and take notes.
- Monitor heavy equipment.
- Ensures confidentiality of all items recovered. • Enforces safety standards.
- Writes weekly report.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of all financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse and extreme weather conditions.
- Risks can include but are not limited to snake or insect bites.
- Archaeological training (field school, para professional training) and minimum of 2 years’ experience conducting burial recovery efforts at the level of Burial Recovery Technician.
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor/manager is required.
- Strong leadership and supervision abilities including problem solving and constructive conflict resolution is required.
- Demonstrable experience in collecting, handling, analyzing, and reporting archaeological data is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications including word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720