|Title:||Certification Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Food Distribution|
|Closing Date:||April 29, 2019|
Serves clients by welcoming and assisting with application process, ensuring client eligibility and inputs clients monthly food orders in the software system.
- Greet applicants and give out applications for the Food Distribution program.
- Assist applicants with application process as necessary.
- Review application and verify all required information for eligibility and certification per program requirements.
- Ensure client eligibility per program requirements.
- Perform Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefit Verification as needed.
- Learn and utilize all critical manual and computerized Food Distribution filing and data base systems including but not limited to entering client food orders, placing multi-truck and fresh food orders and inventory.
- Assists with placing multi truck and food orders upon request. Assists with maintaining food inventory upon request.
- Provide assistance for unloading and loading of commodities.
- Provide outreach services as requested.
- Assist in gathering information for monthly or quarterly United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Reservation Business Committee (RBC) reports as needed.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Complete Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) On-Line Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR) Household Certification Training Course.
- Knowledge of word processing and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720