|Title:||Clinical Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Clinic Supervising Nurse|
|Closing Date:||January 18, 2019|
Perform direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or licensed provider in the clinic setting. The LPN/MA main responsibility is to observe, document, report, take action, follow-up and to promote the quality of life for patients. Duties include but are not limited to: rooming patients, taking vital signs, preparing/assisting provider with procedure, administer medications, injections and immunizations.
- Greet each patient, obtain chief complaint, vital signs, and prepares patient for exam.
- Chart all information following proper charting procedures.
- Inform appropriate provider when patient is ready to be seen.
- Assist primary providers as requested.
- Maintain optimum patient flow by insuring that patients are prepared in a timely manner.
- Alert providers to any problems.
- Perform EKG’s, hearing and vision tests as requested.
- Do dressing as directed by primary providers.
- Use and maintain an adequate supply inventory.
- Maintain exam room supplies according to established minimum inventory. Clean and replenish supplies in all rooms at the start of each clinic day, between patient visits, and/ or at the end of the day.
- Clean and sterilize all instruments after each use. Maintain sterilizer and do routine quality control. Keep track of expiration dates of sterilized equipment and re-sterilize as needed.
- Assist the Laboratory Technologist as needed.
- Obtain patient charts when requested by primary providers and when a call is waiting concerning a specific patient.
- Make appointments for referrals, primary provider will supply a completed referral form. Call the appropriate clinic/hospital and make the appointment. Inform the patient of same and insure that the patient has his/her copy of the referral form.
- Serve on CQI committees as assigned.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant or LPN training program is required.
- Current certification as LPN or Medical Assistant is required.
- One-year experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720