|Title:||Coding Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Closing Date:||August 23, 2019|
The purpose of this position is to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval and analysis and claims processing.
- Queries the electronic health record to verify that the correct procedure codes and diagnoses were submitted based on the provider documentation.
- Queries providers when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Reviews, audits, and posts charges electronically on a daily basis.
- Assists the providers in making sure they are selecting the right codes and documenting all services performed appropriately.
- Submits completed encounters to the Patient Account Representatives inbox to complete the billing.
- Attend meetings with providers and support staff as requested.
- Keep abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to the department manager for resolution.
- Process daily mail.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- One year billing medical services is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720