|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2019|
- Accept referrals from FDL Social Services Coordinator.
- Be aware of local events, educational, training and employment opportunities.
- Organize and/or provide transportation for program participants as needed.
- Visit potential clients in area correctional facilities to identify goals and arrange for re-entry into the community.
- Complete and maintain Individual Release Contracts with each program participant.
- Complete and maintain Individual Service Plan with each program participant.
- Serve as primary case manager with a minimum of 10 clients at any given time.
- Provide goal-oriented services to family members to teach skills needed to support client.
- Worker must utilize skill building in the following areas: advocacy, acquiring basic needs, budgeting, educational pursuits, role modeling, parenting, alternative leisure activities and sobriety maintenance.
- Be knowledgeable of Fond du Lac and other service providers in the area.
- Consult with and refer to other service providers to match needs of clients.
- Network with other providers and staff from corrections systems and other agencies.
- Maintain written client care records according to Social Services Policy.
- Attend meetings as directed by Social Services Coordinator.
- Report program activities through the monthly RBC report.
- Ensure that the confidentiality of all employees and records is respected.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with the Reservation policy.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor in accordance with Reservation policy.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Two years sobriety and continued sobriety is required.
- An Associate Degree in Human Services or three years work experience directly related to Corrections/Community Advocacy is required.
- Bachelor’s level degree preferred.
- Corrections system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Ojibwe Culture is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Some travel is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720