|Title:||Tribal Conservation Collaboration Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Resource Management Director|
|Closing Date:||March 25, 2019|
The Tribal Conservation Collaboration Coordinator will work to bring in key stakeholders in Tribal Resource Management fields across the state of Minnesota to create a priority listing of resource conservation areas to be shared with the NRCS as a way to increase participation in and knowledge of federal funding opportunities. The purpose of this work is to promote agriculture and food sovereignty in tribal communities and ceded territories.
- Organizing and coordinating meetings and conference calls with 11 MN Tribes.
- Increase communication with 11 MN Tribes regarding NRCS Funding and Services.
- Create a resource conservation priority list with the MN Tribes.
- Increase participation or applications to the NRCS from MN Tribes.
- Promote agriculture and food sovereignty for 11 MN Tribes.
- Travels to multiple locations to sponsor and/or represent Tribal Conservation Collaboration Programs at meetings at off site locations.
- Provide quarterly, yearly, and final reports on budget finances, successes, challenges, accomplishments and deliverables.
- Monitors and maintains all program budgets.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Requires ability to do physical garden work such as lifting and stooping, and ability to load/unload 25-40 pounds, and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- A.A or A.A.S is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in coordinating meetings is required.
- Experience with program coordination and development, including grant administration is required.
- Experience with maintaining and adhering to budgets is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends) is required.
- Three years’ experience in tribal support/outreach work is preferred.
- Knowledge or familiarity with both the Fond du Lac Tribal community and Native American culture is desired.
- Knowledge or familiarity with USDA programs eligible to tribes is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720