|Title:||Dental Billing Clerk, On Call|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Closing Date:||March 28, 2019|
The purpose of this position is to confirm third party dental coverage and submit claims to third party payers for dental services. Claims are to be filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Bill insurance companies and Medical Assistance for services provided in the dental clinic. All claims are sent to electronic claims clearinghouse (TESIA, PCI) for submission.
- Maintain correct and complete insurance and Medical Assistance information for each patient.
- Verify eligibility with insurance companies and Medical Assistance using EVS and various insurance web based verification programs or by calling insurance carriers.
- Refer patients who need help with completion of a Medical Assistance application to the appropriate Benefits Specialist.
- Answer patient questions regarding dental coverage and claims submission.
- Verify eligibility for Contract Health Services and Special funds using approved guidelines and contract department clerks as needed.
- Prepare CHS billing forms for patients referred to specialist and send them to specialty providers. Send request for payment to CHS department.
- Log CHS referrals.
- Use daysheets to track amount billed to Insurances and patient visit statistics.
- Track failures to same day cancels and note them in the computer, when not entered by the dental receptionist.
- Research outstanding claims and contact the insurance company as to their action on the claim.
- Act as receptionist in absence of reception staff.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities as directed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- AA degree or certification from Administrative Assistant/Accounting Technical Program preferred.
- Two years dental billing services required.
- Experience with Dentrix Dental Software is preferred.
- Must be Heartsaver Certified; if not currently certified must become Heartsaver certified within one year of hire is required and must maintain Heartsaver certification for duration of employment.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720