|Title:||Driver/Cook, Full Time|
|Location:||Brookston Community Center|
|Closing Date:||March 28, 2019|
Responsible for preparing cooking, cleaning, and delivering meals to Elderly Nutrition Program Participants.
- Delivers home meals to eligible participants in designated district.
- Informs Head Cook of needed repairs. Calls and schedules appointment of needed repairs.
- Assists, preps, and cooks high quantity meals as directed by Head Cook.
- Stocks shelves and assists with food inventory when food orders are received.
- Signs for food shipments received in the absence of the Head Cook.
- Orders food in the absence of the Head Cook.
- Performs daily cleaning and sterilization of all cooking equipment, dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Reports to Head Cook all faulty equipment or inferior food received.
- Keeps van clean at all times.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Food handler’s certification is required, if not certified at the time of hire employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Knowledge of high quantity cooking is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720