|Title:||Facilities Manager, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||April 30, 2021|
|Salary:||$50,000.00 per year|
The primary responsibility is to preserve, protect and maintain the properties’ physical and real assets in accordance with the established policies, procedures and controls.
- Coordinates and directs the maintenance and alterations for the Fond du Lac Tribal Center and other buildings as assigned.
- Plans and administers facilities management budget. Compiles records of labor and material cost for operating buildings and facilities and prepares reports as requested.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and communication services.
- Oversees and directs engineering/maintenance personnel and staff engaged in maintenance of the facilities to include, but not limited to, maintaining and repairing physical structures and utility systems of buildings; maintaining grounds; painting and performing structural repairs and maintenance to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings; maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems, water distributing and plumbing systems, boilers, storage tanks, water softeners, air handlers, pumps, chillers, HVAC units, swimming pools, spas, etc. As necessary, performs any of the above duties as well as ensuring all staff are able to perform any of the above duties.
- Supervises all Tribal Center maintenance and custodial staff to include the selection and retention of subordinates, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Maintains safety and evacuation procedures for buildings and facilities.
- Provides staff with snow removal training and assist with snow removal as necessary.
- Delivers and picks up materials, parts or equipment from vendors as necessary.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Attends all trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities engineering or related field; 8 years' experience in managing facilities or maintenance department for a complex of 50,000 square feet or more with multiple hospitality amenities; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Special Engineer boiler license is required, First Class C low pressure boilers license preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and masonry skills are required.
- Knowledge or preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems are required.
- Knowledge of equipment and parts inventories and ordering is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use is required.
- Ability to obtain any necessary license is required.
- Thorough knowledge of ventilation systems, sound systems, security systems, and mechanical systems is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720