|Title:||Financial Technician, Full Time Temp|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||April 14, 2021|
|Salary:||$38,003.10 - $42,772.83 per year|
Primary responsibilities of this position include entry of financial data into the accounting system and maintenance of up to date reconciliations for various accounts as assigned. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with a variety of staff at varied levels in the organization.
- Responsible for performing financial duties which may include: Bank reconciliations for checking and investment accounts, voiding Accounts Payable and Payroll checks as requested and after 120 days, entering journal entries and reconciling cleared checks in the accounting system, review of bank transactions and balances on a daily basis, Employee Travel Advances and Expense Reports, Per Capita monthly/annual payments, Per Capita loan tracking, Per Capita garnishments, Employee Flex withholdings and payment reconciliations, meetings minutes, staff newsletter, department equipment and other various reconciliations as assigned.
- Reconciliations are to be submitted for review before the end of the following month or before, in order to keep financial statements as accurate as possible and ensure proper controls are being exercised over the Band’s finances.
- Assists with preparation for audits/reviews by running reports, retrieving needed records/files, and other duties as necessary. After the audit/review is completed, assists with re-filing pulled records/files. Is onsite/present during the audit/review and available for questions and help as needed.
- Assists other department members with data entry, running reports, and miscellaneous research when needed.
- Assists with drafting policies and procedures as they relate to financial and staff benefit matters.
- Attends training and conferences as applicable to the job.
- Attends department meetings and mandatory Fond du Lac staff meetings.
- Works with financial staff in other departments when necessary to resolve related party questions/issues.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related experience is required.
- Previous experience in the Accounting field is desired.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720