|Title:||Forestry Laborer, Full Time Seasonal|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Forest Crew Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2019|
The Forestry Laborer will provide manual labor to the Fond du Lac (FDL) Forestry Program.
- Provide labor for tree planting, seedling protection, seedling release, thinning and brushing.
- As assigned, may operate power saws or brush saws during timber stand improvement operations, and/or fuel reduction projects.
- Manual labor can include but not limited to tree planting using a planting bar, dibble, shovel or hoe, brushing using an axe or bush axe.
- Maintains tools in proper working condition.
- Maintain equipment records for the firefighting and non firefighting equipment as directed.
- Maintain project records as directed.
- Responsible to follow the FDL Forestry Safety Policies.
- Carries out forest development, fuel reduction, prescribed burning, wildlife habitat, contract work and other similar activities. These jobs can involve chainsaw, brush saw and equipment operation in addition to manual labor.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Lifting and carrying of items weighting over 50 pounds and shared lifting and carrying of heavier items, and similar strenuous activities requiring at least average agility and dexterity.
- Walking over uneven terrain, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling for long periods of time.
- Moderate risks encountered in walking over rough terrain, and the loading, unloading and transportation of forestry equipment and machinery.
- Risks include smoke inhalation, fire entrapment, snake or insect bites and stings, exposure to excessive machinery noise, and falling and rolling material.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse or extreme weather conditions.
- Knowledge of power saw and brush saw operation and safety.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720