|Title:||Fond du Lac American Indian Foster Care and Family Reunification Mental Health Counselor, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Service Center|
|Supervisor:||Behavioral Health Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||March 21, 2019|
This position provides mental health services and training to Fond du Lac Foster parents, foster children and biological family members. The counselor administers mental health assessments and develops treatment plans with clients and case managers. Position relies on accurate recordkeeping for audits and reimbursement purposes.
- Provide in-home mental health counseling to foster parents and foster children in the service area.
- Administer Diagnostic Assessments and Functional Assessments to identify needs of clients.
- Prepare appropriate written treatment plan with client input.
- Schedule group/family counseling sessions as needed in NextGen.
- Schedule equal time with foster parents and foster children.
- Assist foster parents and foster children with the development of coping skills, adjustment issues and other identified specific needs.
- Assist in the improvement of independent living skills through therapeutic support and referral to other providers.
- Transport clients for appointments as necessary.
- Consult with respective medical provider regarding medication management as needed.
- Consult with assigned supervisor regarding specific issues that arise out of counseling sessions.
- Distribute questionnaire to determine client satisfaction.
- Maintain all forms of documentation and reports to ensure records meet all Fond du Lac Mental Health and third party billing requirements.
- Assess and counsel biological family member to determine current needs for reunification plans.
- Review size and nature of caseload with Behavioral Health Coordinator at least quarterly.
- Conduct in-service training sessions for foster parents on topics related to service delivery.
- Evaluate the sessions conducted.
- Distribute Client Satisfaction Surveys according to department schedule.
- Allow adequate time for record keeping.
- Allow for proper closure when possible.
- Attend meetings assigned by Department Coordinator.
- Assess effectiveness of service delivery with random monthly audits.
- Arrange for psychological testing of clients and referents.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Master’s Degree and Licensed Graduate Social Worker (under supervision) with clinical experience are required.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience working with Indian community is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720