|Title:||Director of Internal Auditing, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Reservation Business Committee|
|Closing Date:||October 3, 2019|
The internal audit director provides leadership and strategic direction for determining priorities, goals and objectives to ensure the integrity of the Band’s financial information; the efficiency and effectiveness of the Band’s operations; and compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations. The internal audit director assesses management’s system of internal controls to minimize the risk of fraud, waste and abuse of Band resources.
- Supervises the work of the internal auditors at both casinos to ensure that required audits are being performed and minimum internal control standards are being met.
- Supervises the work of the IT security auditor to ensure that IT processes and procedures comply with applicable regulations and industry standards.
- Perform audits to ensure that Fond du Lac (FDL) is following generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform audits to ensure that FDL is complying with applicable IRS and pension plan requirements.
- Perform audits to ensure that grant requirements are being met.
- Assess the overall efficiency and reliability of the organization’s internal control mechanisms.
- Make recommendations for improving key operational processes, finance activities, and internal controls.
- Proactively inform management of significant risks related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance that require prompt action.
- Reviews and approves the final draft of internal audit reports.
- Performs investigations into any allegations of fraud or malfeasance.
- Must travel between multiple work locations.
- Provides objective and professional evaluations of casino and Reservation Business Committee operations and assists management in accomplishing their assigned responsibilities.
- Effectively and efficiently employs departmental resources, including funds, staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Has the authority to review and appraise all casino activities, procedures and records.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality for all financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions including work in a smoking environment.
- Class D Driver’s license is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) is preferred.
- Three to five years professional internal auditing or public accounting experience s is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- A thorough knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles is required.
- Knowledge of income tax and pension plan laws and procedures. The ability to research specific questions is required.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex financial data, internal controls and operational systems and procedures is required.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for grants is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720