|Title:||Laboratory Technician, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Clinic Supervising Nurse|
|Closing Date:||August 14, 2020|
|Details:||One year position under CARES Act|
Responsible for managing the medical laboratory at the designated clinic and insuring high quality patient care.
- Manage laboratory and provide direct service for an in-house and referral laboratory services insuring compliance with all applicable regulations and Fond du Lac Human Services Division policies and procedures.
- Obtain specimens and perform specific laboratory tests including CBC with differential, Hematocrit, sedimentation rates, Strep screens, and pregnancy tests consistent with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments.
- Obtain serum, blood, and urine specimens for tests not done in clinic and process for delivery to the reference laboratory.
- Principal contact for laboratory with reference laboratory. Receive reports from this laboratory as needed.
- Monitors transmission of lab orders and test findings utilizing Electronic Health Records and assists in identifying any problems and in obtaining needed assistance for correcting.
- In collaboration with supervisor, makes appropriate preparations for inspections and surveys and takes a lead role for the clinic in assisting inspectors and surveyors.
- Maintain all laboratory supplies.
- Operate and maintain clinic laboratory equipment.
- Perform and document quality assurance procedures following established laboratory guidelines.
- Keep a log of all patient served and tests performed.
- Assist supervisor in providing training for other medical employees in performance of lab duties.
- Keep supervisor informed of any problems within area of responsibility.
- Assist with quality assurance studies and serves on the Continuous Quality Improvement committees as assigned.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Laboratory Technician is required.
- Certified Laboratory Technician or eligible to be certified is required.
- One-year of laboratory experience is required.
- Experience in outpatient setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720