|Title:||Lead Advocate, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||March 5, 2021|
|Salary:||$23.00 - $26.45 per hour|
This position supervises Victim Services Advocates and assists with coordination with a designated Law Enforcement Officer to address crisis situations involving sexual assault, domestic violence, and victims of general crime.
- Supervise all victim services and Advocates in the delivery of services to clients, training of staff, scheduling, performance review and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Assist the Coordinator with grant reporting, program evaluation, data collection and project management.
- Screen and accept referrals from coordinating agencies Fond du Lac providers, and courts and individuals.
- Assign cases as needed to Advocates and be available to supervise crisis situations and respond to the needs of the Advocates and clients.
- Provide regular staff meetings, support discussion and critical thinking in crisis situations.
- Follows and stays current with best practices such as trauma informed and client centered approaches.
- Implement programming for clients that have experienced domestic violence, sexual assault and general crime.
- Provides referral of local area resources and systems which interface with victims/survivors of violence.
- Manages accurate fiscal records and completes reports in a timely manner.
- Attends regular meetings as assigned and consult with technical assistance organizations and coalitions that also address issues of domestic violence, sexual assault and general crime.
- Transport victims as needed to assist with access to services for medical, basic needs and other appointments.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related social science field is required. Masters in Social Work preferred.
- Two or more years of professional supervisory experience is required.
- Four or more years of experience of experience as an Advocate working on cases of domestic violence, sexual assault and general crime is required.
- Documentation of professional interviewing experience; a high level of skill in oral and written communication; and the use of organization and time management skills is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Completion of the 40 Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training is preferred.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and potential special needs of adult clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720