|Title:||Maintenance Worker, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||February 26, 2021|
|Salary:||$15.00 - $16.00 per hour|
- Performs general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpenter, painting, plumbing, and electrical systems. Performs maintenance to established schedules and procedures. Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems, and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks and drains. Performs preventive maintenance in regard to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, doors, windows, hardware, and repairs as necessary. Reports any malfunctioning or dangerous equipment or situations. Repairs when able to do so.
- Performs ground maintenance duties as requested. (i.e. snow removal, grass mowing, and trimming, etc.)
- Cleans carpeting and floors as requested. Ability to operate floor care equipment. Maintains a clean and organized work area wherever the work area may be (i.e. shop, offices, public spaces, etc.). Assist in general errands and cleaning duties as needed.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting is required.
- Skills with hand and power tools are required.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to be insured is required.
- Ability to work above ground level such as on ladders and scaffolding is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference check.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720