|Title:||Maintenance Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Supportive Housing/Veterans Supportive Housing|
|Supervisor:||Supportive Housing Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 14, 2020|
|Salary:||$14.00 - $18.00 per hour|
Performs general repairs, maintenance, and preventative maintenance on the interior and exterior of the buildings and on the grounds of both properties.
- Addresses plumbing issues such as repair of faucets and pipes, water tanks, toilets, clogged drains.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems. Does minor repair of electrical outlets, switches etc. Reports malfunctioning or dangerous equipment.
- Paints, repairs or replaces drywall when needed. Replaces locks, doors and filters and addresses minor window repairs. Repairs flooring, cabinets and cupboards.
- Performs minor household appliance repairs; replaces/installs appliances.
- Mows grass, pulls weeds, trims, prunes trees and shrubs. Waters lawn and plants when required, sweeps, rakes and replaces light bulbs.
- Plows snow out of driveways, shovels snow off walkways, applies salt/ice melt on icy surfaces.
- Prepares vacant units for occupancy. Paint, clean and make repairs.
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Cares for and maintains all supplies and equipment owned by the properties.
- Picks up supplies and parts as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC and painting is required.
- Proficiency with hand and power tools such as drills, saws and testing devices are required.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Position requires on call availability.
- This position may require work in the evening or on weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720