|Title:||Tribal College Ojibwe Garden Intern, Seasonal Temporary|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Ojibwe Garden Project Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||March 22, 2019|
Performs general duties related to establishing and maintaining a demonstration garden, participates in seasonal garden workshops and assists with outreach through radio and newspaper articles.
- Performs general gardening duties, including but not limited to seeding, transplanting, hoeing/weeding, and harvesting.
- Helps to identify and resolve pest and disease problems in the demonstration garden.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department meetings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Requires ability to do physical garden work such as lifting and stooping, and ability to load/unload 25-40 pounds, and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about organic gardening or farming experience is required.
- Demonstrated interest in horticulture and community outreach is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Ability to understand and accept written, oral, and diagrammatic instructions.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720