|Title:||Optometric Health Technician, On Call Temp|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Manages the optical activities of the Optometry clinic.
- Prepares prescription and orders all glasses from optical manufacturer.
- Maintains all frames and keeps them current according to stipulation in eyeglasses contract.
- Performs complicated frame measurements necessary to assure cosmetically, physically and optically optimum spectacle performance, e.g. mulit-focal lenses, special specification lenses.
- Verifies spectacle prescriptions through use of lensometer, lens gauges and other instrumentation.
- Performs minor frame repairs.
- Interviews patients and records health history and other appropriate findings.
- Assist the optometrist by doing visual acuity, color perception, heterophorais, objective refraction, keratometry and intraocular pressure.
- Performs additional procedures at the request of the optometrist, e.g. visual fields, vision training, etc.
- Instills pharmacological agents into patient’s eyes in preparation for ocular evaluation or therapy in accordance with optometrist’s instructions.
- Provides contact lens instruction on the insertion, removal, hygiene, and “warning signs” of contact lens wear to the patient.
- Provides and assist one-to-one and group patient education relative to optical, ocular disease conditions and refractive problems.
- Assists in the coordination of eye care programs of the Optometry Clinic and other Human Service Division staff.
- Orders all optical supplies and tools.
- Ensures proper storage of pharmaceutical supplies, instruments to comply with professional standards and regulations.
- Provide training to other staff and CHRs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Two years' experience working in an optometry office or certification is required.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute is required.
- Knowledge of computers is required.
- Understanding of medical terminology is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720