|Title:||Pharmacy Technician, On Call/Sub|
|Location:||MNAW, CAIR & Mashkiki Waakaagan-Mpls|
|Supervisor:||Pharmacy Coordinator/Chief Pharmacist|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
- (All activities preceded by *, unless otherwise noted, to be supervised by Licensed Pharmacist)
- To assist Registered Pharmacists in filling prescriptions and providing Pharmaceutical care in Ambulatory Clinics.
- *Accept new written prescriptions or refill orders from patient or take refill information from patient over the telephone.
- *Contact providers for refill authorization and take oral authorization from providers for prescription refills.
- *Pick manufactured drug from shelf after pharmacist selects correct drug product to be used.
- *Enter new or refill prescription order into computer to obtain a new prescription label and initial Patient Care Component in patient’s chart for entered order.
- *Update drug information.
- *Records appropriate information in medication area of Patient Care Component and Patient Medication Records areas of patient’s chart.
- *Finish new prescription by counting or pouring the manufactured product into a suitable dispensing package and apply label to dispensing package with technician’s initials written in a corner of the pharmacy label.
- *Present the completed prescription, original order, patient’s chart and original labeled container from which medication was withdrawn to the pharmacist to certify.
- Take inventory of stock, check for outdated materials and prepare orders for vendors.
- Inspect, certify for correctness, and restock orders received from vendors.
- Complete paperwork related to pharmacy daily workload reports, billing program and other pharmacy record keeping as needed.
- Communicate with patients when instructed by pharmacist.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities as requested.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Some bending and stooping.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds
- State Pharmacy Technician Registration is required
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB Certified) within 6 months of hire
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Experience in a medical setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute is required.
- Computer skills are desired.
- Ability to follow complicated direction with high precision and care is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing and in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720