|Title:||Pharmacist/Pharmacist in Charge, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Pharmacy Coordinator/Chief Pharmacist|
|Closing Date:||October 20, 2018|
The Pharmacist/Pharmacist in Charge provides leadership to clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in order to optimize medication therapy for patients served by Fond du Lac. They manage daily operations, medication dispensing systems, and direct patient care services according to State/Federal law. The Pharmacist/Pharmacist in Charge provides direct guidance to staff to ensure that clinical initiatives are designed to promote health, wellness, and disease prevention. They also ensure that clinical pharmacists are utilized effectively on our teams as a primary source of scientifically valid information and advice regarding the safe, appropriate, and cost effective use of medications.
- Refer to all responsibilities in Clinical Pharmacist job description.
- Adhere to Fond du Lac Human Services Division Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure that daily pharmacy practices provide safe and effective pharmaceutical care in adherence to State/Federal Law, Accreditation Standards, and Indian Health Services Standards of Pharmacy Practice.
- Act as Pharmacist In Charge via the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.
- Supervise pharmacy staff as directed by the Pharmacy Coordinator.
- Evaluate pharmacy staff as directed by the Pharmacy Coordinator.
- Coordinate pharmacy services with other Fond du Lac Human Services departments.
- Ensure that standards for pharmacy security are practiced by all staff in order to safe-guard controlled substances and pharmaceutical products.
- Manage inventory control procedures to ensure cost-effective procurement and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Understand pharmacy budget constraints/initiatives and work with the Pharmacy Coordinator to provide appropriate direction to staff.
- Monitor third-party billing practices, and provide training and direction as needed.
- Manage daily technology needs for the pharmacies.
- Ensure that Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards are met.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Promote a team-based approach to health care.
- Promote a teaching/learning environment within Fond du Lac Pharmacies.
- Initiate and direct yearly Continuous Quality Improvement projects.
- Manage statistical data and reports as defined by the Pharmacy Coordinator or Human Services Division Administration.
- Identify opportunities for improved patient care and cost-effective changes in business practices.
- Provide leadership with pharmacy team meetings and new patient care initiatives.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Registered Pharmacist with Minnesota License is required.
- Pharm.D. or R.Ph with 5 years of pharmacy experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720