|Title:||Physical Therapist/Physical Medicine Manager, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Assistant Clinic Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 7, 2020|
|Salary:||$38.00 - $43.70 per hour|
In addition to providing physical therapy services, this position will supervise all physical medicine staff and is responsible for performance evaluations and the hiring and dismissal of physical medicine personnel. Physical medicine services include physical, occupational, massage therapy and chiropractic services. This position provides guidance, support and education to all staff they supervise. Oversees and coordinates all aspects of the physical medicine staff and department functions to ensure daily operation of services. Maintains efficient and effective departmental operations in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Responsible for managing physical medicine objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Provide physical therapy services to patients the presenting clinics.
- Make appropriate diagnosis and prescribe necessary treatments or procedures to promote health following clinic procedures.
- Record all information gathered and decisions made in the patient Electronic Medical Record.
- Serve patients by providing physical medicine services and supervising staff.
- Manage physical medicine policy and procedures manual and update as needed.
- Manage a Quality Assurance program and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities for x-ray to ensure compliance all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Manage and participate in the peer review process of the physical medicine services.
- Utilize appropriate educational materials pertaining to specific physical therapy issues.
- Follows established medical guidelines and educates patients regarding their health status and treatments.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of physical medicine supplies and order as needed.
- Act as an expert resource person for clinic staff.
- Following billing procedures, ensure that all physical medicine services are billed appropriately.
- Travels between multiple work locations throughout the day.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending stooping, pushing, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Must be physically capable of providing assistance to some patients with ambulation on and off treatment tables and equipment.
- Class D driver’s license required.
- Master in Physical Therapy MPT or Master of Science in Physical Therapy or DPT Doctorate of Physical Therapy preferred from an accredited school is required.
- Three years’ experience in physical medicine is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to make decisions using critical thinking, problem solving, and perform responsibilities under stressful situations is required.
- Knowledge with Native American cultures, communities and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720