|Title:||Police Patrol Sergeant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Law Enforcement|
|Supervisor:||Director of Law Enforcement|
|Closing Date:||August 23, 2019|
- Serves as Supervising Law Enforcement Officer for the Fond du Lac Police Department. Is responsible for overseeing the operations of all patrol officer functions of the Police department. Including supervision of field operations, Investigations, and coordination of department activities.
- Supervises Fond du Lac Police Department functions in accordance with Fond du Lac Law Enforcement Manual and Fond du Lac Personnel Policies Manual. Oversees the implementation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to the day-to-day operations in conjunction with the Director of Law Enforcement.
- Oversee Fond du Lac Reservation Business Committee approved department policies and initiatives.
- Provides effective leadership and direction for department staff and functions.
- Makes recommendations to the Director regarding staffing levels and resources needed to effectively provide police services to the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Represents the department at meetings and coordinates joint activities of the department with other agencies.
- Oversees the investigation of major crimes.
- Insures all reports, ICR’s and case files are complete accurate and on time.
- Maintains productive working relationships within the department and with the Fond du Lac community. Attends Fond du Lac Citizens Advisory Committee meetings when requested.
- Insures proper operation of all law enforcement vehicles, equipment and programs of the department.
- Insures Fond du Lac Employee Compliance Department reporting and testing requirements are adhered to by department staff.
- Maintains the sovereignty of the Fond du Lac Band.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee Policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Recognizes that the position represents the Fond du Lac Band both on and off duty and conducts him or herself in an appropriate manner at all times.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to carry and lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in any weather condition.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods.
- Minimum of 2 years patrol experience required.
- Experience with Law Enforcement investigative and patrol type procedures are required.
- Experience dealing with public in stressful situations is required.
- Knowledge of word processing, computer spreadsheets, data base applications, and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability is required.
- Subject to drug testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Some travel and training required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720