|Title:||Resource Management Laborer, Full Time Seasonal|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Resource Management Labor Crew Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||April 29, 2019|
The Resource Management Laborer will provide manual labor for various Resource Management Division projects.
- Beaver dam removal, beaver trapping, invasive species removal, tree planting as assigned, may operate power saws or brush saws during various activities, such as invasive species removal or logs obstructing stream channels.
- Manual labor can include but not limited to: tree planting using a planting bar, dibble, shovel or hoedad, invasive species removal by hand pulling, shovel.
- Maintains tools in proper working condition.
- Maintain project records as directed.
- Responsible to follow the FDL Resource Management and FDL Forestry Safety Policies.
- Carries out beaver dam removal, beaver trapping, forest development, wildlife habitat, and other similar activities. These jobs can involve chainsaw, brush saw and equipment operation in addition to manual labor.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Heavy lifting and carrying are required.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of power saw and brush saw operation and safety is required.
- Ability to follow instructions is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720