|Title:||Resource Management Technician, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Lead Resource Management Technician|
|Closing Date:||October 25, 2018|
The Resource Management Technician provides assistance to the Fisheries, Wildlife, Environmental, Natural Resources, and Forestry Programs of the Resource Management Division. Under general supervision of the Natural Resources Program, the Resource Management Technician performs a broad range of tasks both on the Fond du Lac Reservation, and in the Ceded Territory areas that the Fond du Lac Reservation exercises treaty harvest rights. Duties are varied from data entry in the office to sample collection in the field. The Resource Management Technician is a vital link between the resource and how it is managed.
- Work with other Resource Management Technicians on various fisheries, wildlife, and wild rice management and restoration projects.
- Conduct wild rice, wetland vegetation, and waterfowl surveys on the wild rice lakes, maintain record keeping system of data.
- Maintain Resource Management field gear, boats, and other vehicles.
- Collects and compile natural resources field data into database and into GIS database files.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Climbing, lifting, bending, swimming, and walking are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Knowledge of fisheries and wildlife management activities, and wild rice ecology is required.
- Experience necessary in basic natural resource fieldwork is required.
- Academic and work experience in the Natural Resource field is required.
- Knowledge of word processing and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Knowledge of equipment operation and safety is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Due to extensive travel requirements, a Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac Reservation’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720