|Title:||Security Guard 1, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Law Enforcement|
|Closing Date:||April 25, 2019|
The Security Guard 1 is responsible for the safety and security of personnel, community members and clients, and all Fond du Lac Reservation facilities as assigned.
- This individual will guard all Fond du Lac property and persons against fire, theft, vandalism illegal entry and offensive behaviors by performing any or all of the combinations of the following:
- Patrol, the buildings and grounds assigned.
- Watches and reports irregularities such as loitering, carrying forbidden articles, and smoking in unauthorized areas by calling proper authorities, and doing a written report of the violations observed. Provide security at major functions.
- When requested observe departing personnel from designated work sites and report any irregularities to the proper authorities.
- Sound alarm or 911 in case of emergency or the presence of unauthorized person or persons.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences and/or malfunctions of machinery or equipment, keeps daily logs and completes incident reports on a daily basis.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting or standing is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including working in adverse weather conditions.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Must be or attend First Aid/CPR certification.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720