|Title:||Transit Coordinator, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Programs Executive Director|
|Closing Date:||August 30, 2019|
Provides direction and leadership to the Transit department in one or more areas including strategic planning, policy development and implementation, program planning and development, department and business unit administration, and staff supervision.
- Develops department policies by identifying regional and local policy needs; identifies/recommends policy options. Develops programs/procedures to implement policies.
- Plans, develops and implements programs; identifies program outcomes, processes and priorities; obtains resources via budget, contracting, inter-local agreements, and other mechanisms.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates department activities with other departments, community organizations, advisory boards and citizens.
- Prepares realistic and fiscally sound biennium and special budgets to enable the department to achieve its objectives, including special activities assigned by the supervisor; ensures that the department functions with budget appropriations.
- Serves as the Department representative to committees and organizations concerned with traffic, transportation systems or other departmental functions.
- Analyze and prepare annual department budgets.
- Administer all Transit Department related program funds, including authorization of disbursements, budgeting and reporting on program activities as required by the Federal Transit Authority, the Administration and Reservation Business Committee, and other funding agencies.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- • Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720