|Title:||Work Based Learning Experience, Part Time|
|Supervisor:||Supervisor/Coordinator in designated Dept.|
|Closing Date:||November 1, 2019|
This position is intended to provide exposure to different divisions and departments so students can learn about the many opportunities available to them after high school. Working in collaboration with the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School, students will be connected with a Worked Based Learning Experience position. Students will be assigned a department to learn the day to day responsibilities in a specific career or field. Students will rotate positions periodically to be exposed to new ideas and careers that may be of interest. Students will be able to earn credit towards graduation and possibly take advantage of earning portable certificates as the opportunity arises.
- Performs duties based on instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Shadows an assigned supervisor to learn the daily responsibilities and duties of assigned position.
- May be requested to perform duties in assigned department.
- Completes assigned tasks in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Must be a current high school student attending the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School in good academic standing and must maintain good academic standing for duration of employment. Satisfactory performance may result in earning credit toward graduation.
- Participation in this program requires youth not younger than 14 years of age. If a youth turns 21 during the school year he or she may continue as employment until the final school year is completed. At the end of that school year he or she may then apply for a regular position if one is available.
- Basic math and/or writing skills are desired.
- Basic computer skills are desired.
- Appropriate work attire is required. May be required to wear a uniform.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720