|Title:||X-Ray Technologist, On Call|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Closing Date:||January 18, 2019|
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other clinical duties as assigned on patients of all ages. In addition, the technologist will provide optimal patient care using established and accepted techniques while maintaining the As Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principals.
- The technologist will ensure a positive and supportive environment for patients and staff and apply critical thinking skills and knowledge when interacting with patients of all ages and abilities.
- Ensure the clinic x-ray department operates smoothly and maintains Radiologic equipment following standard procedures.
- Perform x-ray services as ordered by primary provider staff following established techniques.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of x-ray supplies and order as needed.
- Maintains an x-ray maintenance program to ensure the proper functioning of all x-ray equipment.
- Act as resource person for clinic staff.
- Perform EKGs and Spirometry tests.
- Maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) program and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities to ensure compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards, and protocols.
- Following billing procedures, ensures that all x-ray services are billed.
- Travel between multiple work locations as requested.
- Appropriate work attire required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of all financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Associate degree in radiology from an accredited school is required.
- Current licensure with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) is required and must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Travel between both clinic locations is required.
- One-year experience in x-ray is preferred.
- One-year experience in clinic patient care including basic laboratory procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American Clients, Communities and ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720