- Perform routine duties in the cleaning and serving of any area which may be assigned, according to established procedures, and supplies area with items which are required for the convenience and comfort of guest.
- Makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillow cases.
- Picks up floors, removes and empties trash in waste baskets, cleans mirror and shelves, wipes door frames and furniture with damp cloth, dust light fixtures, window sills and baseboards, and arranges furniture properly.
- Cleans bathroom, scrubbing basin, bathtub, toilet, and tile floor with damp rag and detergent. Completes cleaning by disinfecting surfaces.
- Replenishes supplies, places clean towels on racks, places proper quantities of glasses, stationary, soap and tissue in the room.
- Reports to the housekeeper supervisor all rooms are vacated and cleaned, rooms occupied and cleaned, and any unusual conditions of furniture or rooms needing repairs.
- Operates a vacuum sweeper.
- Recognizes that employees have certain responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the hotel.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with hotel policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with hotel policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with hotel policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the hotel, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Prolonged walking and standing is required.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- Bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision is required.
- Knowledge of cleanliness standards is required.
- Ability to work well with others is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
HOURS: Shift work. Shift to be determined at time of hire.
TO APPLY: Complete transfer request or application and
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718
|Permanent Posting||Salary: TBD|
|FT Positions Available|
Contact Person: Lexie Barcus, 218 878-2343
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE