Alcohol and Drug Counselor IV, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC-IV) will provide direct outpatient co-occurring counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs. ADC-IV will be responsible for conducting both chemical and mental health assessments, treatment planning and group, individual and family sessions. ADC-IV will assist the program supervisor with all aspect of programming.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment.
- Provide co–occurring treatment planning per Fond du Lac Ordinance and the 12 core functions of counseling.
- Provide mental health and chemical health screening for program clients.
- Perform mental health and chemical health one to one counseling, co-occurring education groups and family counseling sessions.
- Develop and provide appropriate educational materials for staff, community and clients.
- Provide clinical supervision as directed by program supervisor or department coordinator for ADC-I and II.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Must have a master’s degree from a program of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) or a doctoral degree in Social Work, or a master’s degree from a program of psychology accredited by the American Psychology Associate (APA) or a doctoral degree in Psychology or master’s degree in counseling by the Counsel for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Program (CACREP) and completed the required Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) coursework or equivalent licensure.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC-IV license within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Must document competence in screening for and working with clients with mental health problems, through education, training, and experience.
- Two years group and counseling required.
- 12 hours in clinical and ethical supervision training preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720