Alcohol and Drug Counselor I, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Level-I (ADC-I) will work directly under an approved ADC-III or higher to provide outpatient drug and alcohol counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs. ADC-I will assist with group education, help clients achieve treatment plan goals and complete assignments. ADC-I will assist in support group activates both in the facility and community as directed.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment if appropriate course work is completed and under an ADC III or higher or Rule 25 Assessor.
- All clinical work and documentation will be under approved direct supervision of an ADC-III or higher.
- Perform basic client education groups and assist in recovery support groups for clients and community members.
- Provide follow-up services for individual clients transitioning into the Fond du Lac Human Services Outpatient Treatment Program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate educational materials for clients.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Must be currently enrolled in and working towards a two year degree in Human Services, Chemical Health or related field. Must have completed sufficient course work to provide education and basic counseling under direct supervision of an ADC-III or higher.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC-I license within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Some group work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720